Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Week 4 - Tuesday Basement Brick

Yes with temperatures plummeting this week I am probably going to get a lot more use out of my treadmill, this morning it was a whopping -2 outside when I woke up and let the dog out, needless to say I was a bit chilled standing on my deck in my shorts, after that I was ready for a workout to warm me up.

This week is a recovery week so time to back it off just a bit, seeing as how I'm not following an actual plan and just kind of making this up as I go along it is important for me to at least follow the pattern of 3 weeks build, 1 week recovery. That is really about as complicated as my training structure actually gets, outside of that I do certain workouts on certain days cause it just fits my schedule the best. Anyway onto the actual work done today.

Tuesday is typically my medium ride of 90 minutes but with the recovery week and all I decided to scale it back to 75 minutes than do a brick run of 30 minutes. I started out on the bike watching an episode of The Wire, good show can't believe I never got into when it was running, I didn't really have a plan for today was just going to wing. I ended up doing a 20 min warm up then 4x10 min (8 min hard, 2 min easy) followed by 12 minutes of intervals moving up and down the gear range every minute and 3 minute fast spin before jumping off to run on the treadmill.

I got bored with the run almost immediately so after the first mile I decided to do quarter mile intervals with easy at 7mph and quarter hard at 8, 8, 8.5 and 9, that got me to 3 miles and then ran easy to finish off the 30 minutes.

Ended up with 27.15 miles on the bike and 3.7 on the run.

Took yesterday off so looking forward to my swim tomorrow and lifting weights again.

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment