Pages

Saturday, January 05, 2013

Week 1 - Saturday Long Run

Met up with Jay, Tom, Sean, Phil and Emily for the weekly long run at the radio station just off Kimberly to run the Duck Creek bike path. It was pretty cold to start but not bad I think it was about 18* but little to no wind, supposed to be upwards of low 40's on Wednesday which is just crazy, might roll in shorts if gets that warm out.

Almost didn't make it today, legs were still really sore from squats on Wednesday but I knew I would regret not going and not getting a long run in this week. I was also hopeful that a nice slow paced run would help work out the soreness and for the most part it did. Mostly though I knew there would be a group expecting me and even though they would have done it with out me the obligation to the group helped pull me out of bed when I easily could have convinced myself to stay.

Run went well we did a 40+ minute out and back for roughly 7.25 miles because a couple other people were meeting up at 7:30. Phil and I were able to convince Emily to go out for 3 more, and we headed back out with the rest of the group.

All in all another good group run in the books ended up with 10.5 miles in 1:42. Now it's time for my youngest boys birthday party and then maybe a short bike ride later.

Until next time... Do today what other's won't, so tomorrow you can do what other's can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment