Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Week 2 - Thursday

Did not get my bike ride in last night like I wanted too, was just too tired after driving all day and getting home till 7:15 and felt like I just needed to take the night off. Which allowed me to work on soap carvings with the boys, Casey did his Boy Scouts knife safety Tuesday night and they had us practicing on a bar of soap. So when I got home both boys wanted to do some more. I got Casey set up and than me and Caden worked together on ours. It was definitely fun and a great bonding moment with my boys which is far more important than a 30 minute bike ride ever could be.

So since I skipped it last night I decided to start a little early this morning by getting a 30 minute warm up ride in before my run. I ended up running 7 miles and then doing another 15 minutes on the bike afterwards. Had a lot of things I needed to think about on this run, trying to figure out how to deal with the disappointment of certain individuals in my life and their actions. I suppose I can't concern and worry myself about their short comings and just deal with my reaction to them. Basically the only thing I can control is me.

Well enough of the therapy session...

Until next time...do today what other's won't, so tomorrow you can do what other's can't.

2 comments:

  1. I am big on family time... so good job dad. I am so big on family that after our kids grew up a left home 13 years ago we adopted a baby. He is almost 12 now. Now I have 8 grandchildren and still raising a child at home! That is why I probably won't be able to do an ironman until I am almost 70! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome that you adopted. We have talked about doing that someday too. Hey he's 12 he could ride a bike while you get your long run in. Plus in 4 years he could drive and provide support on those long runs, Ironman may not be as far off as you think.

      Delete