Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Week 3 - Thursday morning run

Slept in a little longer this morning than normal which is okay since I can afford a little extra sleep on Thursday mornings with just doing a run workout.

After the typical routine of waffle and coffee I headed out the door with Lucky for a run. Shortly after getting started I just didn't feel like running not sure why but was thinking about cutting it short within a half mile. But surprisingly I was moving really quickly and after the first mile my mood and attitude about the run changed.

About half way through mile 2 my hands started getting really cold, which has been a problem lately. It wasn't really that cold this morning when I checked my weather app it had said it was 25° which is cold but certainly not the worst I've run in. The rest of my body was fine but my hands were miserable. I decided to extend my run with Lucky, he normally only joins me for 2-3 miles, before heading inside to the treadmill. I ended up doing 4.68 miles out side and then half mile repeats with a quarter jog on the treadmill. After each quarter i jumped off and did a set of push ups and core exercises, did that 4 times. Ended up with 3 miles in 23 minutes.

Glad I have a treadmill for days like today, not sure why but my hands were so cold they hurt.

Until next time ... Do today what other's won't, so tomorrow you can do what other's can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment