Pages

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Week 1 - Tuesday

Kicked off the New Year and Week 1 of my 70.3 triathlon training with 90 minute trainer ride after taking yesterday off.

WU: 10 minutes of easy spinning followed by 15 minute progressive RPM build from 90 to 110 going up 5 rpm every 3 minutes.

MS: 5x9 minutes of Muscle Tension RPM Pyramid with 2 minutes easy spin between sets. First 2 sets went 3x3 minutes in big gear grinding at 45-55, 60-65, 45-55. Sets 3 and 4 were a progressive build every 3 minutes from 45-55, 55-65, 65-75 final set was 3x3 minute builds from 60-90.

CD: 8 minute spin in easy gear building from 75-100+

This workout sucked! I hate grinding away in big gears and low cadence, I'd so much rather spin away at 85-90+ in a smaller gear but this is just the kind of workout I need to build power in my legs. I'm sure I'll see the benefits once the weather turns nice and I can get back outside.

Afterwards I changed into run clothes grabbed Lucky and headed out for a brick run. Supposed to run later but knew I wouldn't get it done so just made it an easy brick instead.

Bike - 31.75 (1:30)
Run -  2.75 (24:00)

Things to work on this week: getting my eating back under control. After a holiday season of splurges I feel like garbage and am ready to stop gorging myself on an almost daily basis, UGH!

Until next time... Do today what other's won't, so tomorrow you can do what other's can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment