Pages

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Week 2 - Wednesday Swim

Got a pretty decent run workout on the treadmill in last night after the boys went to bed. Deanna got home and was telling me about the shenanigans that went on at her meetings in Chicago which helped pass the time on the dreadmill.

Woke up on time again for a swim work this morning, I guess having a couple races on the schedule already paid for is good motivation to get after it.

WU: 200 each of swim, kick, pull
MS: 5x(100 swim, 2x50 swim)
CD: 200

Afterwards headed upstairs to lift but really wasn't in the mood to lift weights so did a variety of body weight exercises along with the rowing machine in some mini circuits. Still a really good workout, need to remember to incorporate easier lifting days (lighter weight loads) every once in awhile to minimize the stress and strain on my joints. I was sore way too much and too long last week and it affected other workout efforts. 

Hopefully tonight I can get in an easy spin on the trainer.

Until next time... Do today what other's won't, so tomorrow you can do what other's can't.

1 comment:

  1. I used to be a weight lifting fool for many years, however, now I am more into body weight exercises and functional exercising. Seems to help more with the endurance sports.

    ReplyDelete