Pages

Monday, January 07, 2013

Week 2 - Monday Rest

Week 2 is starting off just like week 1 did with a rest day, and honestly I need it. Started coming down with something Saturday night, felt better most of the day yesterday but after church, taking the boys to Chuck E. Cheese's for Caden's birthday and my bike ride when I finally slowed down it hit me all over again. Went to the clinic this morning and the good news is I don't have strep but I do have a good old fashion cold, with congestion in my chest and head, so a rest day is perfect. Still working from home today but definitely taking it easy and keeping up on fluids.

Last week was pretty tough, and even though I did skip my run yesterday morning I was very pleased with my training overall, made it to the gym and pool twice which was my goal and still hit my running and biking goals for the week. Ended up with 3000 yards swimming, 103 miles bike and 18.5 miles running plus 4 cross training sessions of either weights, stretching/yoga or core work for a grand total of 10 hours 46 minutes of training last week. Hopefully today's day of rest will get me ready for another big week and increase my distances and time training, would like to double my cross training sessions as well especially the stretching which I have been doing more consistently but can always improve, tonight I will do some stretching/yoga to help get me started in the right direction.

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment