Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Week 2 - Sunday Long Ride, Church and Football

Woke up nice and early this morning so I could get my bike ride in before church so I could spend the afternoon watching football and playing Lego's with my boys. Casey got the Ninjago Epic Dragon battle set from Santa and we have yet to attempt to put it together yet so that is on the agenda for today!


Casey showing off his present from Santa
 
My ride went okay, watched part of the Strikeforce fights from last night and an episode of The Wire while I rode. Goal today was to get 2 hours in and let me tell you it was a struggle, one of the fighters was wearing a T-Shirt that read Embrace the Grind and that is exactly what I had to do this morning. Legs were tired from yesterday and just didn't have much oomph in them, but I embraced the grind and kept pushing through. To keep my self motivated I would do 4 minutes at medium gear and then 1 minute easy and just focused on getting through 5 minutes at a time. It worked and I ended up with 41.5 miles for the day.

Church was awesome today, Coach D was preaching and it was a great message on "I'm a Christian, So Now What?" He had 5 points but the 2 that really hit home with me were about Prayer and have Godly Relationships, 2 things as a Christian I struggle with. I usually don't take notes but today I did, Coach D really has a way of getting the people engaged, heck the man could read the phone book and make it sound interesting. He is so passionate and energetic it's inspiring and something I admire about him.

After church I whipped together a new recipe for slow cooker stuffed peppers that I'm looking forwarded to for dinner tonight. I had some of the leftover mixture for lunch in tortillas and it was good so pretty excited for the peppers. Need some variety in my diet so if I can add another recipe to my arsenal that will be great.

Now it's time for some Playoff Football and Lego's so

Until next time...Do today what other's wont, so tomorrow you can do what other's can't...like grow a sweet mustache!
Did someone lose a squirrel?

No comments:

Post a Comment