Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Week 4 - Saturday Trail Run

Met up with Jay, Tom, Phil, John and Shawn at Sunderbruch park this AM for a little trail running, my first time out there and it was definitely worth the drive. It was cold this morning, 8° to be exact, when we started but warmed up a bit once we got moving. My hands froze up yet again, John was kind enough to trade his mittens with me and surprisingly my hands warmed up, note to self go buy mittens they work!

Other than frozen digits it was a great morning running trails, after the first loop everyone but me and Tom left and we headed back out for more. We ended up with right around 11 miles (forgot to start my watch at one point after a stop) and it felt really good, probably would have gone for more if this wasn't supposed to be a recovery week. I will definitely be back out there again soon.

Afternoon called for an easy trainer ride, was difficult to get motivated for this ride but I knew i would appreciate it afterwards. I always feel better the day after a long run if I get an easy spin in later that day. I watched part of the movie Soul Surfer which is a favorite and really motivational.

Tomorrow I will have plenty of MMA to watch during my long trainer ride with the UFC on Fox tonight plus the preliminary fights are on FX so definitely enough to get me through.

Until next time ... Do today what other's won't, so tomorrow you can do what other's can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment