Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Week 3 - Saturday long run

Met Jay, Phil, Emily, John, Rick, Betsy and Kent at the radio station for the weekly long run. Man we ended up running all over Davenport and Bettendorf today even made a stop at HyVee so Jay could get some breakfast pizza and he was kind enough to buy me a Snickers bar, man that tasted so good. I felt horrible after 5 miles and almost called it quits, glad I kept going cause I felt better at 15 miles than I did at 5. Ended up getting 15.7 miles in 2:35 today, my plan was only for 14 but plans were made to be broken, Jay almost had me convinced to do 20.

Hopefully getting on the bike shortly before grocery shopping then it is off to celebrate my mother in laws birthday.

Until next time ... Do today what other's won't, so tomorrow you can do what other's can't.

2 comments:

  1. Nice long run! I always feel better after 5 miles too. Takes me a while to get warmed up. You are really packing on the miles. Great start for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. I have been contemplating a Spring Marathon in April and now that my Tri Season won't be starting as early as I expected, May race got moved to August, I may have to just do it.

      Delete