Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Triathlon Training: Week 4 - Tuesday

Today's workouts - AM - Long Swim 1500 yd, PM - 4 mile run

Tuesday has in fact become the end of my training week in a way with Wednesday's being my rest day and let me tell you what I look forward to them.

My swim went well, the main set workout was 4x200's with 20 sec rest. I was actually pretty amazed at my splits I was completing them in 3:40 - 3:50 range, I know that's not blazing fast but it was how effortless it felt for me. I wasn't pushing hard, my main focus was to remain constant on each pass in the pool and stay constant in my stroke and kick and I feel like I accomplished that. I am getting more and more comfortable in the pool each time and I'm really starting to enjoy my swim sessions each and every week. Especially right now with running being somewhat laborious and all of my bike sessions have been done on a trainer for the past few months, swimming has really become my favorite workout. It's also new, and that makes it more of a challenge and exciting as well.

After a long day at work with traveling and meetings I got to my home hotel around 6:30 after yet another 2+ hr drive in which I nearly convinced myself to skip my evening run. I don't like running at night, period, end of story. Running is something I have to do first thing, its not like cycling where I can jump on the bike after a long day and knock out the miles. I've never been an evening runner and with triathlon training it is now just something I have to do and I'll do my best to make it work. After procrastinating for minute unpacking I finally said to heck with it and threw on my running clothes and headed out. I would love to say that I had an epic run that felt amazing and I had some kind of break through with running at night, but...I didn't. It hurt, my legs were still pretty sore from the bike session the night before and I was sore from sitting in a car for 2.5 hrs not once but twice today, but I did it and I felt good about the fact that I completed my workouts even though I didn't want to.

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment