Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Triathlon Training: Week 3 - Wednesday

Today's workout - AM - 1500 yd swim followed by weights. PM - 10mi bike ride

I'm pretty much out of it today, 3 consecutive days of swimming (and 3 consecutive days of getting up at 4:30am) have left me wiped. It is also my 7th straight day of training without a rest day and I'm really looking forward to one on Friday. Tomorrow I do get to sleep in an hour since I'll be running on my treadmill with the wife out of town. I was hoping to go to bed early tonight but that may not happen since I will be playing the role of "Tooth Fairy" after the boys go to bed. Normally Casey is out within a few minutes but the last time he lost a tooth he was too excited to fall asleep and Deanna had to wait till after 10:30 to slip in the room and he woke up when she did. I'm hoping he goes to sleep right away cause I could use the rest but hey in the grand scheme of things getting to be the "Tooth Fairy" is worth an hour or two of extra sleep.

I am looking forward to tomorrow's run should be a good measure of how my knee is feeling, not going to push if it starts hurting, I'll just jump on the bike instead. I'm hoping it goes well...

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I hope the knee holds up for you. Way to stay positive through it all. Three straight days of swimming would take it out me also. Your journey is off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about counting on your kids to falling asleep to get things done. It can be frustrating... gotta love em!

    ReplyDelete