Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Triathlon Training: Week 3 - Friday

Today's workout - Easy run 5 miles 47:48, yeah that's right 5 mile run!!!

So I ended up moving my rest day up yesterday and slept in, over slept in fact. Both boys climbed in to bed with me sometime in the early morning and I snoozed my way through the alarm and actually turned it off at some point. It did make for a rushed morning getting everyone to school and day care but man the extra sleep was worth it. By the evening yesterday it was a struggle though to not jump on the bike and get in 45 minutes to an hour. I decided the prudent thing to do was stick to my rest day and hopefully have a decent, pain free run this morning...and I'm happy I did! I was able to knock out 5 miles with no pain in my knee at all during the run, I have been feeling a little sore off and on through out the day but I think that may have more to do with the cold, seriously 2 weeks ago it was 55, this morning it was like 8 degrees and below 0 with the wind chill. Anyway do to my successful run this morning I'm going to switch up the workouts this weekend and hit the pool in the morning and then get my long bike ride in afterwards or in the afternoon and then I'm going to try and get a decent long run in on Sunday (supposed to be somewhat warmer). Looking forward to running outside again, I know its only been 2 weeks, but it feels like forever, and I'm sure my dog Lucky is itching for a run too.

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment