Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Triathlon Training: Week 4 - Thursday

Today's workouts - AM - 4.86 mile run, PM - 20 mile trainer ride

So I nearly got hit by a car this morning, and I'm pretty sure the guy/gal behind the wheel did it on purpose. I say this because a) I was wearing my incredibly bright head lamp and reflective running gear and b) They noticeably veered towards me at the very end to nearly hit me. I had to dive out of the way and yank Lucky (my dog) by the collar to avoid him getting splattered all over the road. They got so close to me that even with diving away at the last minute their side view mirror nearly clipped my stomach/side as I twisted out of the way. I really don't understand the need for such an act, its not as if I was running in the middle of the road. I was on the shoulder running in the gravel area, they had to intentionally go out of their way to get that close to me. Of course my natural response was to show them that they were #1 and yell at them what I thought of their incredible driving skill. The funny thing is that I almost completely forgot about the entire incident by the time I finished my run a half hour later. I suppose that just proves the stress relieving properties of exercise, maybe the driver of that car should join me for a run sometime, maybe they'll relax a bit and stop being an a-hole that tries to run an innocent man and his dog over for grins and giggles.

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't...like diving for safety from speeding vehicles, just saying, plyometrics may have saved my life today!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're ok! Next time, get the plate number!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought about that after they had sped off. This isn't the first time this has happened, but before I wasn't wearing a head lamp so I felt most of the blame then, but not this time. I wish I had had the presence of mind to get the plate number.

      Delete