Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Triathlon Training: Week 2 - Saturday Swim and Run

Today's workout - 1800 yd swim followed by 2.1 miles on the treadmill.

So I ended up doing another long swim instead of a long run today and I'm really glad that I did. I didn't have a plan going to the pool I just planned on swimming for an hour. I did my normal 300 yd warm up, then started doing 50 yd repeats. I felt really good doing these today and only took 10-15 second rest breaks between, I can definitely notice a huge difference in my swimming endurance over the last 2 weeks. I ended up doing 24 x 50 yd repeats and finished off with a 300 yd cool down swim where I worked on breathing from left side as well as alternating side to side, starting to get a little better at, practice makes perfect.

After I finished up I headed upstairs to run on the treadmill, I new I wasn't going to be able to run long but I just needed to put down a couple miles. Starting out my legs and my knee felt good, I was fatigued for sure but still felt strong after a pretty hard swim workout. About 1 mile into the run my knee started hurting a bit and I knew I was going to have to cut what was going to be a 30 minute run down, happy I was able to get 20 minutes and 2.1 miles in. I'm going to give my knee another down week with minimal running and if its not feeling better I may have to consider seeking professional help, I'm sure total rest would be the best thing for it but its kind of hard for me to quit everything right now, we'll see how it goes...

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment