Pages

Monday, January 09, 2012

Triathlon Training: Week 2 - Monday Swim

Today's workout - 1350 yd in 55 min, 30 minutes total body weight workout + core.

It felt good to get back in the water and gym today after taking Friday and Saturday off due to illness and my troublesome left knee. I was able to get an hour bike ride on Sunday morning which was good, I was worried that my knee might not allow it but it felt just fine, I was a little sore afterwards and I made sure to ice it.

Today I mixed things up just a little, did a couple of kick drills 3x50 throughout the workout. Also was able to do a couple of complete 100 yd swims without a break, still need to work on my breathing, keeping hyperventilating myself or going to long in between breathes and sucking water. James and Courtney showed up this morning, which definitely made the workout more enjoyable, not as easy to socialize during a swim workout but seeing as how we all require ample breaks between laps there was a fair amount of chatter between us. It will be nice to have people to train with throughout this process, generally I don't mind working out alone, but with the amount of hours a week I'll be putting in, being able to share a few of them will be nice and a welcome change. Tomorrow calls for another swim, this will be my long swim for the week since I won't lift afterwards and that will probably be the routine going forward.

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment