Pages

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Training Week #10 - Tuesday Morning Run

Since I don't have to travel this week for work I'm mixing things up a bit, normally I do my long swim on Tuesday morning and this week that is getting pushed to tomorrow and my Tuesday evening run gets bumped up to this morning. I'm not taking a scheduled rest day this week but I'm hoping it won't be needed with the rearrangement of my training schedule which will give me a couple of additional nights off to relax a little.

Today's run went okay, was definitely feeling my bike ride from last night. I got up a little later than usual but still woke up tired. The wind was howling this morning, not as bad as this weekend but it was certainly noticeable when I turned into it. It took a little while to get into a groove running but once I did it felt great, the goal of this run was just nice and easy mileage which I accomplished. I finished up right at 5 miles but I certainly felt like I could have done more and in retrospect I almost wish I had. After my run I had an easy weight lifting session planned, but I had a hard time getting in to it. I piddled my way through a shoulder and arm workout with some crunches and cut it at 30 minutes. I'm thinking those 30 mins would have been better served running but oh well.

Up on deck tonight, NOTHING!!!! Well actually the boys have football and soccer practice which I normally don't get to attend since I usually travel on Tuesday's so I'm looking forward to going to those this evening. Soccer season is going to be starting here real soon, with baseball and t-ball practices just right around the corner. This summer is going to be crazy with both boys in soccer and baseball, should be interesting trying to get to all the games and practices and still fitting in the time to train but that is a challenge I'm looking forward to.

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment