Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Race

Today was the first race of the year for me and it was the first race of the Live Uncommon Revolution Race Series. Started the day off with a warm up run before we headed down to the race, the boys were running the 1/4 mile tot trot and they were both super excited. Caden wanted me to run along side him and I was happy to join him. When the race started Casey took off and me and Caden started weeding our way through the crowd, it was so funny when ever we would hit an open patch Caden would take off like a rocket and I was struggling to keep up with him while dodging little kids and trying to keep an eye on Casey who was doing awesome. We made the turn around and it opened up a bit and both boys were off and running, it was so awesome to see them having such a great time running and doing such a great job.

My race went much better than expected, I had planned on starting out slow which wasn't too much of a problem since I started out in the back of the pack. After weeding my way through the joggers and walkers and turning the corner I was able to open it up. I was really surprised to look down at my watch and see I was hitting a 7:30/min mile. I was hoping to get under 24 minutes so anything under 8 min miles was awesome. I decided after the first mile to let it go and keep pushing. I was happy to finish 1 min off my 5k PR from last year so early in the year and with little to no real speed training so far this year, my unofficial time was 22:26.

After the race we hung around for the parade and met up with some friends to watch and then grabbed some lunch with them afterwards. It was a great day and really embodied the spirit of the LU Revolution, Family, Fun, Friends and a chance to give back to CASI doing something we all enjoyed. Awesome event, awesome race, awesome LU support!!!

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

4 comments:

  1. How cool to have your boys running in their own little race. Running with Caden was a nice warm up for your race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they were excited to run their own race, looking forward to entering them in more events this summer.

      Delete
  2. Great job! Congrats on a faster time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, all my spring races and training are really just preparation for your Family Olympics. Sounds like I'll need to be in peak physical condition just to survive!

      Delete