Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday group long run

So my schedule called for 9 miles today, but the LU group was running 15, I debated on whether I was going to join them this week or not. The plan was to meet at the Isle of Capri parking lot and run an out and back to Credit Island, so if I wanted to turn around after 5 miles I could. Besides doing a long run with others is so much more enjoyable and the miles always go by quicker. This run felt easy, which is weird to say considering I averaged nearly a minute per mile faster than my normal long run pace, and it was easily the longest run I've done in some time but the miles ticked off and I felt like I had a lot left in me even after we finished.

It is so awesome to get to run with a great group of people and it certainly helps having much faster and capable runners to help push me past my comfort zone.

After the run I called to let my wife know I was on my way home and she told me she had a surprise for me when I got home. I knew exactly what she was talking about and I enthusiastically proclaimed "PANCAKES!" over the phone. To any of you non-runners married to or in a relationship with a runner, trust me when I tell you nothing says I love you quite like a stack of warm pancakes after a long run.

After devouring a stack of cakes it was off to our first soccer practice of the year. Now a little downtime before an early dinner and then the family is going to a hockey game tonight, Living Uncommon at its finest today.

Until next time...do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job! Pancakes would have been nice this morning, although I couldn't eat anything when I got home.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not have pancakes, but I did make a wicked egg sandwich - toast, 5 eggs, slab of cheese with turkey mixed in. Add a donut and coffee and I was in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the long runs are always better with a group. I haven't run with a group for 3 months and I miss it. BTW, I know what you mean about pancakes. Your wife is awesome for preparing them for you. There is nothing better than pancakes after a long run.

    ReplyDelete