Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Prioritizing my workouts

Headed to the Y this morning to swim and run afterwards, but decided on the way there to do my run first. I came to the realization the other day that I need to start prioritizing my workouts. I need to determine what the objective of my training is and set goals and plan my workouts to achieve those goals. With the QC Marathon coming up in just a short 8 weeks running really needs to take) a higher priority in my training.

I started my run off way to fast the first mile or so and realized I wasn't going to be able to hang on for that long at that pace. I eased it back for the next couple of miles and then finished it off strong the last mile plus.

After my run I hit the pool, I felt horrible in the water to start with. It seemed like it took forever to warm my arms and shoulders up but I eventually got in a nice groove.

Lastly I weighed in this morning at 210.8 which I am very happy with. My weight has been creeping up lately and I have been as high as 218 recently. I have been really lax on my diet and I need to correct that. I have been motivated by some people to get back on my healthy eating ways and it reminded me of a goal I had to be at or under 200 for QC Marathon. Dropping a few extra pounds will really help me achieve my goals for the marathon this year. Thanks for reading...until next time, do today what others won't so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, running definitely is the priority 8 weeks out. Are you going to stop swimming or just ease up a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe just ease up a bit on everything else, but i can't really run anymore than 3 or 4 days a week anyway with my knees so I'll keep swimming and biking for my overall fitness. plus there are still some more triathlon on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete