Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Training Week #9 - Tuesday Night Run

Last nights run was a tough one for me, I felt like I hit the wall early and then kept making U Turns to hit it again and again. I got to my hotel late and seriously considered pushing this run to this morning (it worked out so well for me last week) but I ended up doing it regardless. Running at night is still a struggle for me that biking is not. I think the biggest issue is running at night I usually try to do before I eat dinner, so I'm starting out on an empty tank where as when I bike I do it after the kids go to bed so I've had dinner already. I know I can't run and then head to bed shortly there after, I've tried that in the past and I'm too jazzed up after a run to properly settle into a sleep routine, unlike biking where I can fall asleep withing minutes of hopping out of the saddle. Next week I'll have to try and consume some more calories later in the afternoon and see how that works for me.

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

1 comment:

  1. I like to run at night, although I don't get to do it often enough. However, like yourself, I have to do it before I eat dinner. Sometimes I don't get back home from my run until 10 or 11pm. I haven't ridden my bike much in the evening.

    ReplyDelete