Pages

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Triathlon Training: Week 6 - Tuesday Run

Today's workout - 6 mile trail run

Found an awesome network of trails around the resort that we are staying at for my conference this week. I got a little lost navigating them in the dark this morning, but I managed to find my way back, really looking forward to running them again either tomorrow or Thursday or both. My knee held up just fine today, largely in part to running on soft ground, dirt trails and crushed gravel as opposed to pounding pavement so I might be able to put extra miles in this week.

I absolutely love running trails. I don't even care that I move so much slower than running roads. Trail running is so much different of an experience than running the streets around my neighborhood. It's difficult to explain how and why the difference without sounding like a tree hugging hippie but it is something about connecting with nature and disconnecting with the world that makes more of an introverted experience. It's usually quieter and calmer which allows you to get more in tune with your body as you run but you can't zone out running trails like road running otherwise you'll face plant tripping over a rock or root and get really in touch with how your body is feeling...pain...haha!

Now its off to breakfast, then 9 hours of meetings and vendor presentations...ya!

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

1 comment:

  1. You make trail running sound great. I would like to do some. Pounding the pavement is really tough on my worn down body!!!

    ReplyDelete