Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Triathlon Training: Week 7 - Friday

Today's workout - Swim 1500 yd and 10 mile bike

It's been awhile since I made a post, got out of the habit with crazy traveling last week and some personal things have come up recently, but I'm back at it again.

Did a nice bike workout last night after the boys went to bed 16.8 miles in 50 mins, was able to really crank it out in a higher gear, legs felt really good after the morning run. Woke up this morning feeling it though, and my swim was kind of a struggle. Shoulders were tired and sore from weight lifting yesterday and legs were feeling the effects of last nights hard ride. I was able to complete my desired distance but had to break it up a bit and take a little longer breaks than I normally would. Pool was crowded again today but was able to squeeze in to the slow lane and splash out my laps.

After my swim I headed home for a quick bike workout, nothing special, legs were dead to start but after my warm up I got into a nice groove. I thought I might be able to get 45 mins in but once I started getting close to the half hour mark I knew I was done so I decided to finish up at 10 miles even which put me right at 32 mins.

Looking forward to my long run tomorrow, its funny how I dread my 4-6 mile runs sometimes and look forward to a 9-10 miler, I guess I just prefer to go long and slow versus short and fast, probably why I ran a half marathon and a marathon before ever running a 5k race.

Until next time...do today what others won't so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I prefer my long runs to my shorter weekday runs. I think it is because I don't feel as time constrained as I do on the weekdays where I have work and family schedules colliding.

    ReplyDelete