Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Brick Workout

Slept in this morning, which I needed after a great week of training. After church I decided to do a hard brick workout instead of my long ride since I was able to get 20 miles on the bike yesterday. Started off slow, legs where still a little tired from yesterday's run and ride, but was able to get into a nice groove once I was warmed up. My plan for the bike portion of the brick was to go at 25 miles at a pretty hard pace so I would really know what my legs would feel like coming off the bike tired. I was able to stay in the higher gears for the majority of the ride staying at a nice comfortable 85-90 cadence. Had to drop down to an easier gear a couple of times for a minute or 2 to recover a little bit but was able to jump back into right away.

Got of the bike in 1:06:57 for a 22.4 mph average

Jumped on the treadmill starting off at 6.0 mph and was surprised to not have that strange jelly legged feeling at all, I slowly eased the pace up during the first mile as my hamstrings where feeling a little tender. I went through the first mile in 8:19 and kept kicking up the pace, second mile was 7:42. At the start of the 3rd mile I was starting to feel it and new I was pushing my limits but still felt strong regardless. I kicked the treadmill up again and finished the third mile in 7:09 and the remaining .10 in :34 as I went pretty much all out at the end. I finished up the 5k in 23:44 which I am pretty darn happy with.

All in all a really good workout that gives me confidence going into my first triathlon in 3 weeks, can't wait!

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment