Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Setting Goals

So my typical MO for a week is to eat pretty clean for 4 out of 5 days during the week and then I usually blow up over the weekend. This is typically due to a much higher intensity training and then lack of preparation for what to eat so ordering pizza or going out for dinner becomes the out. This past weekend was one of the worst examples capped off by a Sunday night dinner get together at a tavern where I'm pretty sure everything on the menu including the salads where deep fat fried. I'm only guessing but i would put my calorie consumption for that one meal in the neighborhood of 2500 calories alone, with a double cheese burger, fries, half a plate of beef nachos, a sampling or 2 of my sons corn dog bites, and the wife's fried ravioli and mac and cheese bites. To say I felt horrible about myself after this meal was an understatement, not to mention how body felt that night and the next day, let's just say I don't get constipated easily, but that meal did it.

My goals this week were simple don't skip a single workout (I typically miss one or two each and every week, usually due to laziness) and to not eat any crap in my diet. So far through 3 and half days I'm proud to say I've done great. Usually when i travel I break down for at least one meal and I will mindlessly nibble on some sweet treat that is lying around at one of my stores. But the big test is going to be this weekend when a busy schedule of training, kids soccer and baseball games hit, so I'm going in with a plan and hopefully I stick to it.

Losing 90+ pounds was pretty easy in comparison to these last 10-20 I want to lose. So far it is requiring much more dedication and adherence to a strict diet, but I have a goal weight I want, need to achieve and it is right there for the taking I just need to step up to the plate and make the necessary sacrifices to achieve that goal.

Until next time, do todas what're others dont so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

4 comments:

  1. I’ve been a follower on your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, those last few pounds are definitely the hardest too lose! We're rooting for you to to keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the same boat you. I have a race weight goal I would like to be at, but my small breakdowns here and there keep me from attaining. It is all about self control, but there is nothing like the good old cheat meal on a Friday night! I have no doubt you will achieve your goal.

    ReplyDelete