Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Hitting a wall and finding a way around it

Woke up late this morning which didn't start my day on the right note. Felt like crap in the pool today, made it through my warm up but just felt sore, tired and out of sync, really hit a mental wall half way through my main set and had to take a minute to collect myself. Decided to just finish up the set I was on, cut the rest of the swim short and move on to my weight lifting. After wards I had a revelation that really put things into perspective, even though I had a crappy training session in the pool and cut my workout short I still put in double the distance of any of the races I'm currently signed up for and if it were running and I was training for a 10k and I had just put in 12 miles I would be perfectly happy with that. That thought really put the whole thing into a new light for me.

Finished up the morning with a good weight lifting session focusing on chest, shoulders and back.

This evening I got 24 miles in on the trainer, even though my stomach was hurting before hand, seems to be feeling better now. I think the over indulgence of fried, greasy nasty food yesterday came back to haunt me.

Today started off bad but turned around and ended up pretty good, kept a good positive mental attitude towards things and that helped keep things from spiraling out of control.

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment