Pages

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Tuesday Morning Run - Yasso 800's

In my attempt to develop something resembling speed I have started incorporating Yasso 800's into my regular workout routine. Last week was my first attempt at these and they were done on the hotel treadmill with pretty good results so I was excited to get on the track today to give them a try. Started off with a warm up run to the track by my house and a couple laps around for one mile. I was planning on doing 4x800 with a 400 recovery run in between. Last week on the treadmill I did 3:45, 3:40, 3:34 so I was hoping to go at or under 3:30 for all 4 800's today. I started off the first one way to fast and I paid for it on the second loop but I still hit a much faster time than I had expected and I now had an idea of what range I was looking for. For the remaining 3 I had a more conservative approach to the first loop and then kicked it up on the second loop. I finished all 4 well under 3:30 going 3:14, 3:23, 3:19, 3:16, and I learned an important lesson about not going out to fast, even though my first attempt was my fastest had I tried to keep up that pace for all 4 I would not have been able to complete and besides my last one was only 2 seconds slower than my first. Next week I am probably going to have to do these on a hotel treadmill again unless I can find access to a track near my hotel but now I have a really good idea of my true pace and can dial that in perfectly on the treadmill if I have to.

On deck for tonight 25 miles on the trainer...

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

2 comments:

  1. Nice improvement on your intervals.

    When I read 25 miles on the trainer, at first I thought you meant running 25 miles on a treadmill! I had to read that last sentence a few times... then I realized you meant the bike trainer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, 25 miles on the treadmill would be impressive but thankfully that is no where on my training plan.

      Delete