Pages

Saturday, April 07, 2012

Saturday Group Run

Met up with the group at Crow Creek at 6 am, much to my surprise there were 17 people there already. Amazing bunch of people, seriously can't say that enough, every time I run with this group it gets better and better.



I had 14 planned for today as we headed out down Devils Glen road towards the bike path, I had felt really strong after our run last week so I wanted to up my pace a little and see if I could hang with the lead group a little while longer today. Started off pretty well and was able to keep up with Jen, Byrne, John O. and the others for awhile but right before we got to the bike path Byrne got clipped by a tree sticking out over a fence line which snagged and ripped his shirt, I think that got his adrenaline going because after that they all seemed to hit another gear (one I just do not posses) and got trucking. I ran the majority of the bike path with Jay and Katherine and we carried on some nice conversation. Great thing about this group, always someone to run with and the conversations seem to come so easily and if there is nothing to say it's just good being out there with other people. We kept a pretty good pace throughout not sure exactly what my splits were my Garmin beeped low battery (apparently I forgot to charge it up after last weeks long run) on the way back on the first loop so its currently charging. I ended up ditching it for the second loop we did which was actually kind of nice. I love my Garmin and it is one of the best investments I've made in my running, but sometimes I become so reliant on it for feed back that I stop listening to my body and what it is telling me.

For the second loop we headed out with 7 of us, the pace was definitely quicker, though I'm not sure how fast I ended up going with out my watch, but at the end John, Michelle and Bryne broke away and finished up a few minutes ahead of me, while Anne and Jay took a slightly longer trip back to finish up with 17 miles.

All in all it was an awesome morning for a run. Arrived home to find that Casey had made pancakes this morning, and they tasted delicious, they added cinnamon and sugar to the batter. Then I got the privilege of steam cleaning the carpet for my darling wife and earned myself some extra "Good Husband Points".

After eating lunch I met up with my buddy James for an easy bike ride. We headed down to the bike path and planned on making our way down to Sunset Marina but right before getting to I-74 bridge it started raining so we headed back. Our justification for cutting the ride short was legit, he had been mountain biking for a couple hours that morning, I had 15 miles running in the books and neither of us wanted to ride much in the rain, works for me. Of course within minutes of arriving home the rain stopped but by that time I was in shut down mode. I've been pretty much up and at it since 5 am this morning and I believe the first time I've sat down all day has been to type this post so I'm good with that. Besides probably going to get a couple miles in on the trainer tomorrow morning before hunting Easter eggs. Now its time to go get ready for Church and then out to dinner with the family

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

Have a Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Super big training day in the books, not to mention getting GHP (Good Husband Points). AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete