Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday 2012-04-16

Since I am without contacts currently swimming is out of the program for awhile, which might not be a bad thing in the long run. This week is supposed to be a recovery week and it works perfectly into my racing schedule with the second race of the Revolution Race series on Saturday with the Run for Renewal. Not being able to to swim for a couple of days will allow me to get some extra running in early in the week so I don't have to worry about getting in a long run on Saturday along with racing.

Today I ran outside even though the wind was blowing really hard, the thought of running on the treadmill dreadmill in my basement was not appealing in anyway shape or form. I actually did contemplate going to the Y to run there and then lift weights afterwards but even with the wind it wasn't that cold so I opted for outdoors.

Turned out to be a pretty good run, started off the first 2.5  miles running with Lucky even though I had to stop after each of the first 2 miles to let him rest. I have gotten considerably faster on my shorter runs and he isn't able to hold the pace for too long. After dropping him back off at the house I headed out for 2.5 more miles. The wind was starting to blow a lot harder and at one point I turned right into a big gust that nearly stopped me in my tracks. Even with the wind I was able to clock mile splits of 8:40, 8:25, 8:13, 7:59 and 7:49 for a total of 5 miles in 41:08. I was pretty happy with this run today and just how easy running this faster pace felt. I'm really starting to see an improvement in my running which is great after my early set back with my knee problems.

Will try to get 20 miles in on the bike tonight then an easy run to the Y (weather permitting) weights and easy run home tomorrow morning. I like the idea of running or biking to the gym as opposed to driving, more environmentally responsible.

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment