Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Time to Rest

Made the decision to sleep in this morning, it was tough but I'm glad I rode my trainer last night even though it may have been the reason I needed to sleep in. My plan was to run to the gym this morning lift weights and then an easy run home. In reality it is probably better that I didn't do this, this week is supposed to be a recovery so pushing my limits by running back to back days doesn't fit with the program. I'm trying to make adjustments since I can't swim until I get new contacts so I'm struggling with what to do and when to rest so an unexpected extra couple of hours this morning is going to do me good.

I will probably hit the bike tonight, riding is not nearly as taxing as running and is much easier on the knees, then go ahead with my run to gym tomorrow. Thursday I can ride in the morning and then either take it easy on Friday with a short run or just have a rest day before the Project Renewal Race on Saturday morning.

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

1 comment:

  1. Its the never-ending shuffle to get training in and accommodate what life throws at us.

    ReplyDelete