Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesday morning ride...

Watched the Ford Ironman World Championships while riding the trainer this morning, WOW talk about motivation and inspiration to push through a workout, kinda hard to give up after an hour on my bike while watching a double amputee, a cancer survivor and multiple 60+, 70+ and 80+ year old age groupers complete an Ironman. I'm not ashamed to admit that I shed a tear or two while watching and listening to some of these peoples stories. I can relate to some of the struggles that these back of the packers go through on a daily basis and can only imagine what others have to deal with (see double amputee or cancer survivor). I respect the skill and talent that the pro's have to do what they do, but the rest, the "average Joe's" the ones with day jobs, kids, and no corporate sponsors those are the people I respect and admire most. Then there are those that deal with all the daily hardships that we all go through but do it while also fighting cancer, or while missing a limb, these are the truly remarkable and the truly uncommon, these are the modern day superhero's.

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

2 comments:

  1. While I appreciate the age grouper stories, I'm glad they cut back on them this year, I felt the show moved more smoothly as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree, it was a good mix this year, both spectrums of the level of athletes were well represented.

    ReplyDelete