Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tempo turned rest turned fun run

Today's run 4.3 miles 35:27

Did not want to do this workout today, I woke after hitting the snooze button a couple times and decided I was going to take a rest day. After sleeping in for another hour I figured I needed to at least take the dog for a walk, after getting dressed to take him for a walk I figured I'm going to go for a 30 min walk I might as well run. I'm glad I did! I had a 6-8 mile tempo run scheduled today but once I headed out the door I decided to just run, run hard, run by feel and ultimately not care about what "type" of workout I was doing. I realized when I woke up I didn't want to skip out on my run want I really wanted to do was skip out on "training" for today. It really felt good to just walk out the door and go with nothing but running on my mind, no pace to concern about, no distance to achieve, the only thing I was even remotely concerned about was being done around 30 mins. I am glad that I had this day, reminded me why I fell in love with running in the first place, and reminded be that I don't necessarily need a day off, but maybe just a day off from training and just do what feels good for that day, that is how I used to approach running when I first started and at times I miss that.

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment