Pages

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Love my dog!

If a picture speaks a thousand words than let me have 2000 please...



This is what my wife had to deal with last night while I am out of town for work, God bless her she has to deal with this garbage, pun intended. It seems like something like this happens every time I go out of town...which is almost every week.


Lucky is a rescue dog and had been passed around to a number of homes before finally settling in with us. He suffers from separation anxiety which is understandable considering his background. He normally is a pretty good dog, but like me he just seems to annoy my wife a lot. He's also really good with the kids and very protective of them, when I wrestle with the boys, he gets defensive of them and even tries to break it up. Not to mention he can be awfully cute at times...



Lucky has been a member of our family for nearly 2 years now, he has become my most reliable running partner, he can knock out upwards of 12 miles at a time, if the weather isn't bad, and still want more later in the day. I feel bad since I know some of his behavior issues stem from his attachment to me and when I'm gone is the only time he seems to act up. We have discussed possibly finding him a new home for him, but that would be like putting one of my kids up for adoption, I just couldn't do it. Like any family member, you love them always, but at times they can frustrate you, disappoint you and sometimes make you down right angry.


Until next time...do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

1 comment:

  1. Its nice that you have provided a home for him. Your post was timely as one of our dogs was misbehaving this morning too.

    ReplyDelete