Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday morning blah's

Could not get up this morning, snoozed through my alarm by an hour and half, then I just couldn't convince myself to run outside even though it wasn't that bad out this morning. I couldn't sleep last night finally fell asleep sometime after 1am. Going to be a long day, lots of coffee in my future as I zig zag my way back across Iowa. Today's workout was pretty much garbage so it is going under the category of "workouts I did when I didn't want to workout", and hopefully the pay off is more mental than physical. I'm blaming my rest day, yes I took a scheduled rest yesterday which was nice, all I did was a light weight workout yesterday morning for about 30-45 min but it wasn't enough to physically exhaust me so when I did lay down last night I still had that antsy, nervous energy running through my body which has become a staple lately.

On the upside I did get to visit an old friend and her family last night, it was great to see them again, they were my second family in high school and I haven't seen them in 12+ years, which is really horrible since I've been traveling to the town they live in for over a year now and this is the first time I've made the effort to visit. Not sure why it took me so long, but I'm glad I finally did it was good to catch up and see them again and I look forward to getting together with them again soon.

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was awesome seeing you again - almost like old times except for a few things: you're much thinner, I'm much fatter, we're old, married, and have kids. Like I said - almost like old times! :) Look forward to seeing you again.

    ReplyDelete