Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

It's only Wednesday...

Yesterday was an incredibly long day at work, we got on the road at 8 am to make the rounds visiting stores and didn't stop until dinner, which was at 9:30 pm. I hate being on other peoples schedules, especially when they're the type that doesn't need to eat that often. I'm used to eating multiple times during the day usually every 3 hours, yesterday it was more than 8 hours between lunch and dinner. Anyway it was a struggle getting up at 4:45 this morning but I got up to battle the wind on my bike. My original plan was to try and get my long ride for the week in today but with the wind blowing out of the south and my option for bike path (after nearly getting run over yesterday I'm off the streets) heading out with the wind I really didn't want to battle it for 20+ miles on the way back. I ended up finding a nice stretch about a mile long and did intervals going hard with the wind at my back and then maintaining high cadence in a low gear coming back into the wind.

Since I cut the bike short I grabbed my running shoes after dropping the bike off in my hotel room and headed out for a brick run. The run was good to start but at 2.5 miles the suffer fest started. I could feel the fatigue of a long day yesterday and not eating like I'm accustomed to taking It's toll, I had to stop and reset. Finished the last 1.5 miles at a slower pace but o finished it. Not my best effort in training today, just didn't have today but work got done and it I didn't quit or skip out.

Until next time...do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

1 comment: