Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Running and getting run off the road

Headed out for a run this morning from the hotel, it was an absolutely perfect morning for a run cool temps light wind, perfect. Legs felt good, a little sore from lifting yesterday and riding in a carost of the day but they loosened up quickly. I debated on just adding miles to my run and skipping my short bike ride afterwards but I need to get my bike miles in since more than likely I won't get a long ride in on Sunday. Run went great, headed back to my room to change into my bike shorts and pick up my bike and get a short ride in before getting ready for work.

I made my way out to a rural road figuring not much traffic out that was, jeez was I wrong. The traffic wasn't the biggest problem it was the jerks quo don't realize their supposed to share the road with cyclist and think driving inches away from you with their vans or trucks IA an acceptable scare tactic and outlet for their contempt for you. I had a semi truck that could have easily moved over into the other than a little, there was no on coming traffic at this point, but he choose to blow right past me his truck and trailer only inches from me nearly knock me off the road and into the gravel shoulder. To add to it he blasted his horn as he passed which scared the crap out of me more than the proximity of the truck itself.

After that eventful ride I think tomorrow I'll stick to the bike trail here in town for my longer ride.

Until next time... do today what others won't so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment