Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Swim, bike, run and a wedding

Had to get my swim in early today before running since we have a wedding to go to this afternoon. Warm up 600 yd 3x200 @ 3:18, 3:20, 3:17 Cool down 300. I've started wearing a watch during swims to keep better track of my progress. Was very happy with my times for the 200's.

After changing I headed over to the BHS trek to meet the Leadville guys who are doing their 24 hour run today. John O had been out there since before 5 and John B. Rick and the rest started at 7. Running 10 miles on a track was not nearly as monotonous as I thought, having good folks to run with helped, and watching the high school football team run stairs and do plyo's for summer conditioning was fun and reminded me how much I don't miss those days.

After I got home I got a 30 minute ride in that skipped from last night. Originally was going to do it this morning before my swim but i didn't think it was a good idea to swim and bike before my long run. Legs felt surprisingly strong, went at a race pace effort. Now it's time to grub down some food and get ready to go to a wedding.

Until next time...do today what others won't so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty god training day. All 3sports and a wedding. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete