Pages

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Tuesday June 5th

Been a couple days since my last blog post so here's a quick update of what's been going on in my world.

Had an awesome weekend, got in a pretty decent run on Saturday morning with the LU Crew, ran mostly with John O. and we (ok mostly John) shared some interesting stories from past training days. It was a smaller group with lots of people busy with races, life and various other things. Afterwards I headed home picked up Lucky and headed back out for a quick jog around the neighborhood, I've been neglecting my buddy with running lately and I wanted to get a couple more miles in to hit my goal for the day so it was a good chance. Later on played some catch with the football out in the yard with the boys, before jumping on the trainer while they ate lunch. Caden had a t-ball game @ 1:00 and Deanna was shooting pictures at a wedding so it was a busy afternoon, we had dinner with Grandma Marilyn, it would have been her and Grandpa's 61st anniversary on Saturday and I think she really enjoyed the company (and the distraction) that 2 of her favorite great grandson's can provide. I ended up missing out on the LU Torchlight Parade but spending time with Grandma seemed like the right choice and I'm glad we go over there.

Sunday I got out early for a bike ride before Church, service this week was outstanding. The message was about living a life of Integrity and one of the biggest take aways for me was the comment/definition that Integrity is when your actions match your beliefs. This is something I have really been struggling with over the last year or so, I have felt a change in my life in the last few years, more so than just the physical transformation that I've gone through but also a mental and spiritual one as well. One of the reasons I am so passionate about my involvement with Live Uncommon is the "Give Back" and how our Race Team is helping some truly worthy causes. This has been one step of a journey for me to live a life of integrity and so far it has been an awesome one. The message from Church really identified and put a label to what I feel like I have been missing in my life, and then more I learn and understand hopefully the better person I can become, and the best example to my sons of what they should aspire to be as well.

Had a great swim Monday morning, one of those where I just didn't want to get out of the water and could have just kept going, but I needed to lift weights and I had already completed my workout. I have a big swim on Wednesday and I hope I have that same feeling then too. After work it was so nice out (it had stormed earlier in the day) when I got home a wrangled up the boys and Lucky and headed out for a jog around the neighborhood. The boys rode their bikes for the first 2 miles with me and then they wanted to run a bit so we ran up and down the block for awhile before heading back inside for dinner. After dinner we played Xbox Connect, Deanna got a fitness game through work that is a blast to play. Speaking of my lovely wife she and some co-workers have just started a fitness challenge at work and she got up early Monday and did a work out plus walked nearly 2 miles at lunch, I am proud of her and I hope she sticks with it, so far she is doing great she also joined me early this morning to walk on the treadmill while I rode the bike trainer, 2 days in a row plus I think she is planning on walking again at work today, AWESOME!

That is pretty much all for now, Caden has T-ball tonight then I'm heading out of town tomorrow for 2 days for work...

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your great week of training. My week of training has been pretty plain vanilla.

    I love your message from church. Its nice to read about other Christian triathletes. I have recently been teaching my son about integrity. In fact, just today during our family bible study we shared Philippeans 4:13 "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength". I was telling him that when we are tempted that we should remember this verse and that through the Lord, he has the strength to resist.

    ReplyDelete