Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Long ride and thunderstorms

After staying up late last night watching my boys tear it up on the dance floor, and they were seriously the talk of the reception, I was not motivated to get up for my long ride this morning. I knew there was a chance for thunderstorms this morning so i wanted to get in before they came, after finally hauling my tired butt out of bed, eating a waffle and drinking my coffee I was getting ready to go when i heard the first roll of thunder. Trainer it was going to be.

Started off really slow and legs were really sore and tired from a days worth of activities yesterday, but got in to a groove and just kept plugging away. After the first hour I felt great and actually started hammering it in a higher gear. Towards the end I debated going for another half hour but decided to head outside for a run with Lucky before the heavy rain came. Got 3 miles in at a nice easy pace, legs felt good, but my left knee started to act up at the end. Good way to end a great week of training.

Until next time...do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.


No comments:

Post a Comment