Pages

Monday, May 07, 2012

Sunday Bike Ride and Road Rash

Started the day off with a short little shake out run before church, nothing too much just an easy 3 miles with Lucky. Then it was off to church and a stop at the grocery store before lunch.

After lunch I headed out for a bike ride while Deanna and the boys where off taking pictures for her a couple of our nieces and nephews. I was excited to finally be getting outside again for a bike ride, it seems like forever since the last time that happened. Finally outside and what do I do but lay my bike down for my first official crash. Oh I've fallen over a couple times when I've come to a stop light and forgotten about the fact that I was still clipped into my pedals, but nothing was harmed in those cases but my ego.

I was riding along the bike path on the Davenport side down by the marina where they are doing some construction, and the path is mostly gravel and dirt, well I turned a little too sharply at 2 high a rate of speed for those itty bitty tires and the whole bike slid right out from underneath me, luckily there was a witness to my humiliation otherwise it wouldn't have been complete.
                                                         
The leg actually looks much worse than it appears, in fact when I went down my first thought was "oh crap, I hope my bike is okay" after a quick once over I realized that my shin actually took the brunt of the fall, my shoes also got a little dinged up too. Oh well I was able to finish up my ride without too much discomfort, got home and cleaned all the dirt out of it. I showed off my war wound to the boys and they were mildly impressed, I suppose when you are a 5 or 6 year old boy who spends the better part of their days covered in bumps and bruises you are not easily impressed.

Afterwards I grubbed on some crackers and hummus, banana, apple, and yogurt while watching the UFC on FOX from Saturday night before joining the boys who were working out. I put them through a circuit workout of treadmill, hitting the punching bag, and push ups, sit ups and jumping jacks. We ended up doing 3 circuits together before having a push up challenge which I did not win, and I was trying, Caden took home top honors, although is form is somewhat in question.

After dinner the boys road bikes out in front of the house before getting ready for bed.

All in all even with a little bike accident pretty darn good day.

Until next time...Do today what others won't; so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are getting out on your bike. Its a bummer that you got the road rash. I always looks worse the next day. I hate it when it starts itching. I tend to want to pick at it.

    ReplyDelete