Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Longish swim

Took the day off from work since Deanna is out of town and I wouldn't have gotten in a swim otherwise, also gave me a chance to sleep in which was great.

Headed to the Y after taking the boys to school, started off with a 200 swim 200 pull to warm up then I swam 800 continuous. It may actually have been more but i lost count of laps at one point and just picked up from where I last remembered. I had only planned on doing 400 yards but i was feeling so good in the water I just kept going, finally forced myself to stop at 800 and then finished up with another 200 pull.

Afterwards I headed upstairs to do 30 minutes on the elliptical, normally I would lift legs but with my first triathlon on Sunday decided to forgo legs this week and just get in some extra cardio.

Looking forward to Sunday, getting pretty excited about this race, nerves haven't set in yet but they'll come soon enough I'm sure. Upside is I'm going to be sharing the experience with a good group of guys some experienced triathletes, some doing it for the first time as well so it should add to the fun, can't wait!

Until next time...do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

2 comments:

  1. I love those days when I feel so good that I do more than planned. I wish I had more of those. I haven't had one for a long time. I am looking forwared to your race report. Have a good race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're heading into this race well-prepared - have a great time!

    ReplyDelete