Pages

Thursday, November 01, 2012

Paleo Diet Day #3 - Halloween

Day 3 was by far the toughest day so far, actually the day wasn't so bad it was the night, see I didn't take into account Halloween and trick or treating with the kids when I started this diet and well let's just say my resolve and discipline was thoroughly tested last night. I am happy to report that I did not have one single piece of candy last night, I did have 3 pieces of Double Bubble gum but considering I could have easily mowed down half a dozen peanut butter cups (both my kids have a peanut allergy so all the peanut butter candy usually ends up getting eaten by yours truly) I'm happy with that.

Today will be my first real test since I finally got my lazy tail out of bed and went for a run this morning, only got 3.5 miles in, legs are still tired and sore from Spartan Race, but it will certainly ramp up my appetite a little. Over the last 3 days I have taken in roughly 2600-2900 calories which is a far cry from the 4000+ I could easily consume in one day before hand, and I haven't had any issues with being overly hungry at times. I'm still eating 5-6 times a day so that helps out and eating more meat definitely helps keep me full. Plus I'm eating large quantities of food, its just the foods I'm eating (salad, lean meat) has less calories than what I may have otherwise eaten. I think I have packed enough food for the day here is a breakdown of what's in my lunch box and what I'll most likely consume today.

Post work shake (at home) 1 c strawberries, 1/2 c blueberries, 1 c spinach, 1/3 c dry oatmeal, 2 scoops protein powder, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 c milk, 1 c fruit punch G2

Snack #1 Spinach salads with 1 oz grilled chicken and apple

Lunch - 1 large sweet potato,4 oz grilled chicken, 2 tbsp salsa, 3 oz tilapia and 1 container of plain Greek yogurt

Snack #2 Spinach salads with 1 oz grilled chicken and 1/4 c mixed nuts

Dinner - I will most likely have a sweet potato and either fish or chicken

I know some of the items like milk and Greek yogurt are technically allowed in a strict Paleo diet but this is part of my modification. Those items may eventually leave my diet but for now there in and okay with it.

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment