Pages

Friday, November 02, 2012

Paleo Diet Day #4 and #5

Okay I'm pretty sure last night one of my son's Halloween buckets full of candy actually spoke to me and told me "It's okay, one little piece of candy isn't going to hurt, c'mon you've earned it". I almost cracked, I really wanted a Kit Kat, or Reece's Peanut Butter Cup (my favorite) but I did prevail in thwarting the evil temptations of the Devil's candy...well sort of I did break down and have a Starlight peppermint that we keep around for my oldest boys occasional upset stomach. It did the trick and the cravings for sweets subsided.

This morning I got up early and jumped on my bike trainer and rode for an hour. Afterwards I did 5 rounds of 75 single jump ropes, 20 push ups and 20 lunges, pretty tough workout after the bike definitely one (or similar) that I'll do more of going forward. Found a great website the WOD Shop that generates Crossfit workouts, so I can do them at home with what I have available or take with me to the Y when I lift before or after my swims, pretty cool!

My appetite has been way up today, due to the higher volume workout this morning, so glad tonight is my big cheat meal of the week. We typically go to Habenero's in East Moline every Friday so I'm going to enjoy my Sr. Burro tonight, not going to go crazy but it's most definitely not going to be a paleo friendly meal.

Long run this weekend is probably only going to be an hour, legs are still pretty sore and tired, and looking forward to a nice long trainer ride on Sunday afternoon while watching football.

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment