Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

WildCat 50k and Paleo Lifestyle week 2

I ran the WildCat 50k yesterday, well I should say I ran the 20k. I knew going into this awesome low key event that I was only going to do 2 of the 5 loops, what can I say I'm just not in Ultra Trail running shape right now and seeing as how I have nothing to prove I decided to just go out have fun and run in the woods with 160+ other people for my weekend long run. The 12.4 miles is the longest I've done since the QC Marathon and other than my fatigued hips from the ascents and a slightly aching right knee it was a great time. Hands down one of my favorite events of the year, low key show up donate what you want to the cause and do as many loops as you feel like.

You will notice from my title that I changed the wording from Paleo Diet to Paleo Lifestyle in part because this really isn't a diet in the conventional thought. I am not doing this to shed a few pounds for bikini season with the intentions of going back to my previous eating style, this is a lifestyle change for me and something I hope will remain permanent.

So often in our culture we misinterpret an eating style for "A Diet" or vice verse. Your "Diet" is what you eat so if you eat cheese burgers and fries, that is your "Diet", going on "A Diet" means you are just changing from what you are doing currently to something else. Well when I started this I went on "A Diet" and now I'm currently on that diet and plan to stay there so in fact it is now my lifestyle so it will be appropriately named as such "The Paleo Lifestyle". Anyway enough of that rant.

Tomorrow is my weekly weigh in and I'm contemplating skipping it this week, not that I'm concerned or worried that I may not have lost weight, or even gained weight, but simply because of what was previously stated about Diet vs. Lifestyle. This isn't about weight loss and I don't want to get to caught up in what the scale tells me. I'm more concerned about what my body is telling me in how I feel and the changes I can physically see. So far after 2 weeks, I feel great, I'm rarely hungry (I eat a lot of food on a given day, but so much of it is fruit and vegetables that it is low in calories) I haven't seen any workouts affected so far and I'm trying new foods. Will probably put off my weigh in for another week, or two, heck maybe I won't weigh in for a month, it really doesn't matter anyway in the long run.

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome! Way to go on accomplishing so many great things. I am also glad that you are not trying to shed pounds for bikini season. You look great in a pink tutu skirt, don't get me wrong, but a bikini may be pushing the limits just a bit! :) Keep up the good work. You rock!

    ReplyDelete