Pages

Friday, November 09, 2012

Walls

I have really hit a wall the last 2 days, I have not wanted to work out even though I felt just fine, just couldn't drag myself out of bed to either go to the Y and swim yesterday or jump on the bike trainer or run this morning. For some reason I can't get back in my groove of getting up early. Well I know part of it is to blame on the fact that I'm not going to bed as early as I used to. I have got to make myself go to bed at a decent hour if I have any hope for getting up at 4:15 am.

Tonight I'm hoping to get in a decent workout after work, I think a kickboxing style cardio workout is just what I need, punching and kicking the crap out of the bag should help blow off some steam, mix in some jump ropes, sprints on the treadmill, burbees and crunches and I should be able to get a decent workout. I've actually been more motivated to workout at night recently than mornings which is the exact opposite of this summer when I was getting up early but couldn't find the drive to workout after work or dinner. Maybe I should just go with it and reverse my workouts and put the more important and harder workouts in the evening and then keep it lighter in the morning and get up just a little later to accommodate.

The bright side to this all is right now there is no plan, there is no schedule so I'm not beating myself up too much if a skip a day. I want to be mentally fresh once the New Year rolls around and I get back into more structured training.

I was taking a look at race planning for next year already the other day, I already have decided I am going to cut way back on my running events and focus more on triathlons. I will do the Live Uncommon Race Series events again but other than those probably not too many others. I am going to try and do all of the Heartland of America Triathlon Series events this year. Of the 4 events I did last year I thought they were all done incredibly well and I had a great time at each one so might as well try out the rest, besides they are all held in Iowa and only a couple require an overnight stay. Just sitting here typing about next years races is getting my motivation going, I know another thing I am really missing right now is the Saturday morning running group, need to get those going again. Until this last year I have never really trained with a group and it really provided a lot of extra motivation during those times when I didn't really feel like training.

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

2 comments:

  1. I am back to running on the weekends. If others are up for it I would love to get this going again. This was essential to staying motivated in the winter. Also, listen to your body and take needed rest. I was burnt out mentally a few months back and the best thing(and hardest) was to just get away from all of it. My mind is now in a much better place. It was hard because I felt that I was in my peak condition and fitness and I still wanted to achieve a few goals, but I just did not want to hate what I loved. I got away from everything. You will know when you are ready. Don't make it feel like work. That is when people fall apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we need to get those going again, I know Jay wants too as well after this weekends WildCat 50k.

      Delete