Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

What I'm thankful for

Thanksgiving is just a week away (Holy Cow where has November gone, in fact where did September and October go?) and it's that time of year when we start reflecting on what we are truly thankful for so here's my Top 5 list (there is so much more but these are the really important ones)

1. My Family especially my wife and boys without them I would be lost, Deanna, Casey and Caden motivate me to be a better husband, father and person everyday.

2. My Faith and my Savior, a lot has changed and happened in my life over the last few years and I can only imagine the choices I would have made and the roads I would have traveled without having roots in my faith. I don't always walk the straight and narrow path but I know that Jesus is never far enough away to snatch me up by the ear and get me back on course.

3. My Friends, I have amazing friends that inspire me to be something more. When you have friends who are published authors, musicians, Half Ironman and Ironman finishers, 100 mile Ultra marathoners, amazing examples of husbands and fathers, and friends I've known for decades that are more like brothers than friends it's hard not to try and be something better than what you are.

4. My in laws, yeah I know most people barely tolerate their in laws, but I got lucky. My mother and father in law are truly wonderful people that have always been there for us, and my brother and sister in laws are more like my close friends than my in laws (and if you know me you know that means a lot).

5. My career, in this economic climate I'm thankful that I have a job at all especially one with relative job security.

What are you thankful for?
Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment