Pages

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Time for a change

I came to the realization the other day during a run (isn't that where it always seems to happen) that it was time for a change. It was time to change the title of this blog. I'm no longer on a quest to lose weight, yeah I have a few pounds to whittle away but a far cry from where I was 3.5 years ago when I began this journey. I needed something that is truly more reflective of my current state, it's actually a change I have been contemplating for some time now but I just couldn't think of anything that really grabbed at the essence of what this blog really means to me. And then it hit me during my run on Tuesday morning, Relentless Forward Motion, that is really what my life has become about over the last few years. Along with all the changes I have made in my health and fitness I have also become dedicated to improving as a person, a father and as a husband, so even in my personal life I have become dedicated to Relentless Forward Motion.

It has been a great run as the Incredible Shrinking Man but now it's time for a change, time to move on and move forward, and for those of you who know me well, you know my passions (obsessions) can turn on a dime, but isn't that how we evolve as a person, in our professions or as an athlete anyway? To constantly change? To get better at anything you have to change, try new things, and never be content with your current situation.

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment