Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Thursday night ride and a busy weekend

Great ride last night, legs felt surprisingly fresh after my run that morning. Really glad I decided to do this workout almost skipped it, felt so good after an hour I decided to push for a little more, and then a little more. Probably could have done 2 hours if I had the time. Might not get a long ride in this weekend with camping on Friday night so glad I got 2 30 milers in, if I can get an hour in tomorrow night and whatever on Sunday watching football I'll be happy with that.

Speaking of camping, kind of excited for Casey's first Cub Scout camping trip tonight out at Loud Thunder, even though it is going to be wet and rainy all day today and tonight, we should still have fun. Afterwards tomorrow afternoon, my new baby niece gets baptized and I have been chosen to be the Godfather, which really means a lot to me especially since their family is Catholic and I am not, I know the significance this means and I'm honored that they chose me. Part of my Relentless Forward Motion mantra is tied around my faith and my spiritual beliefs. This is one area in my life I really have worked on over the last couple of years and undoubtedly have so much more work to do but being asked to be a Godparent shows that I have made strides. I still see those people at Church every Sunday and hope someday I can be as open and forthright about my faith, and celebration of God as them but I know it is always a work in progress because there is no perfect person, but God is perfect and through Him I can do all things (that is something I try to remind myself during those tough miles in a race or training run).

Until next time...Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment