Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My first 100 mile week

I officially logged my first 100 mile week last week for running and biking, the week was capped off with a 16 mile run on Saturday morning and 30 mile bike ride that afternoon. I was really suprised at how well my legs responded that afternoon and how fresh they felt, but even more suprising was the lack of sorness the following day. I really expected my legs to be trashed, but they weren't and that was great. I did a fairly hard tempo run on Monday morning plus lifted weights, including squats, stiff legged dead lifts, calf raises and lunges, legs were a little tired last night before I headed out for my bike ride but seemed to work out after a few miles. This is all very encouraging for me and my aspiration to do a Triathlon, my biggest concern is the training and how my body will handle the work load training for 3 separate events, especially my knees, since I have had issues with them for years.

I came across a blog for a local professional triathlete, Jeff Paul, Dream Big JP and have been reading about his struggles to balance family, work and training and it has really inspired me to give it my all, and not only in my athletic pursuits. I really want to take my training to the next level, and will need to if I want to do a triathlon, but not at the sacrifice of my family, I've already been down that road training MMA. Being able to read his blog and how he handles training, work and family hopefully will keep me inspired and on the right path. If you get a chance I recommend checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment