Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Runners blog #11

Some non-runners will just never get the obsession with running, and I can't help explain it to them. It's hard to justify setting your alarm for 5 am so you can get up to go for a run in 34 degree weather, which you're excited about because its been in the teens and twenty's for way to long. It's nearly impossible to explain the over whelming urge you get, to go for a run when you drive by a park or in some scenic rural setting. I can't explain my attraction to running, heck I barely understand it sometimes myself, 2 years ago running was in the same category as going to the dentist, I knew it was good for me and I should do it but I just put it off anyway. But what I can say is that not only has running help make me a more physically fit person, I believe it has helped make me a more mentally and spiritually fit person as well. Running allows me time to think and process my thoughts, it also allows me to disconnect from everything else going on in my life for little while and reconnect with myself. Some people find this through other avenues mine just happens to be through running.

No comments:

Post a Comment